Information Technology Corporate Histories Collection
||Corporate Histories Collection
Items relating to significant developments in the history of the company.
||March 9, 2006
- Acquired Erdman, Anthony Associates
- Acquired 25% ownership of Players Computer, Inc., in exchange for sale of Duo Computers
- Acquired Atlantic Software, Inc.
- Acquired Compuserve
- Acquired DISC, Inc.
- Acquired Duo Computer Corporation for cash on July 28, 1970
- Acquired Eastern Design Company, Inc.
- Acquired International Systems, Inc.
- Acquired Micro Distributors, Inc.
- Acquired Microamerica Distributing Co., Inc.
- Acquired PHD for Computing, Inc.
- Acquired Software Design Associates, Inc.
- Acquired Systems Strategies, Inc.
- Acquired three software systems development companies
- Acquired Vista Concepts, Inc.
- Acquires 18% ownership in IAC Computer Systems, Inc. as result of sale of Players Computer, Inc.
- Adopted a profit sharing plan covering all employees with one years of continuous service
- Adopted an employee stock ownership purchase plan
- Adopted an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Adopted an incentive stock option plan (ISOP)
- Adopted policy of deferring the cost of developing proprietary programs
- Agreement to form AGS Computers, Inc.
- AGS Acquires Detroit Area Company
- AGS completed it finest year in 1974
- AGS Computers, Inc. Declares Stock Dividend
- AGS Computers, Inc. Redeems $40 million in bonds
- AGS was incorporated in New York on January 4, 1967
- Completion of fifth year of public ownership
- Conversion of $10,000,000 of debentures to common stock
- Coopers & Lybrand Expands Licensing Agreement
- Created 401K employee investment plan
- Creation of AGS Business forms, Inc.
- Declared two-for-one stock split
- Discontinued operations of subsidiary which wholesales third-party software
- Discontinued operations of the computer equipment sales subsidiary
- Diversified the customer base during the year
- Entered into a $25 million long-term credit facility loan with banks
- Five year record of consistent growth
- Formed a new Division: Information Systems Division
- Formed a new Division: AGS Fundamental Systems, Inc.
- Increased authorized common stock to 2,000,000 shares
- Issued $40,000,000 of 7 1/2% convertible debentures
- Letter of 9/9/88 to incentive stock option holders re distribution of shares of Microamerica, etc.
- Long-term sales contract for $1,413,000
- Merger of AGS Computers, Inc. with Nynex Corporation Subsidiary
- New Members Elected to Board of Directors
- New York Stock Exchange Listing
- Paid a dividend of $101,085
- Paid a dividend of $87,900
- Profits before taxes exceeded $1 million
- Ranked among the ten largest professional services companies in the United States
- Seth Hanover, Senior Vice President, Leaves AGS
- Sold 105,000 shares of common stock to the public for $290,075 on June 6, 1969
- Sold 575,000 shares of common stock to the public at $15.25 on January 14, 1983
- Stockholders approved a non-qualified stock option plan
- Stockholders approved a qualified stock option plan
- Successful public offering of $10,000,000 of convertible debentures in October, 1982
- The year that AGS 'put it all together'
- Tony Stepanski, President and CEO, Leaves AGS
- Twenty years of achievementů
- With recent growth, AGS sets forth descriptions of eight distinct services and products
- Wrote off development expenses related to EX*PRESS, an AGS proprietary package
Version 3.2.5, March 2007
©1995-2007 Computer History Museum All rights reserved.
1401 N. Shoreline Blvd. Mountain View, CA 94043 Ph. 650-810-1010